How to Think Strategically: Upskilling for Impact and Powerful Strategy
Competent Strategic Thinking is Rare and Valuable.
How to Think Strategically is the ideal primer for those who want to develop their business acumen and make strategic impact. This book will help you understand what it means to “be strategic” and how to craft strategy that is effective, clever, and powerful. It provides numerous real-world examples of individual strategic thinkers in action. Through these examples, you’ll gain useful lessons that can be applied in any organization and in your personal life.
The Most-Important Tool of Strategy Is Found Between Your Ears!
A competent strategic thinker tolerates ambiguity, notices weak signals, defines the core challenge facing the organization, and designs effective responses with a winning strategic logic.
How to Think Strategically upskills you to:
- Internalize the 20 micro skills of strategic thinking.
- Distinguish strategic thinking from operational thinking and appropriately apply each.
- Pose high-quality questions that spark strategic insights.
- Write a concise one-page statement of strategy, with five essential concepts that will help you distinguish effective strategy from a list of goals.
- Improve conversations with stakeholders.
- Develop a courageous personal leadership style and a courageous perspective to address the real issues that are obstacles to your organization’s success.
- Overcome the excuse of “I’m too busy to be strategic”.
Anyone can improve their strategic thinking if they know where to focus their attention.